Sunday, September 24, 2017

Illegal Feed Zone at La Vuelta 2017 stage 19 and 20. Sept 8-9, 2017

Did the Illegal Feed Zone act at La Vuelta.   I had a cooler and some drinks - that was it, no signs, chairs, bbq, Mike Martin, etc.    Still, I was pleasantly surprised that the Worldtour pros would participate.   Fed a Sky Guy both days, guess they don't allow Cokes in the marginal gain game.
 
 
Stage 19
Breakaway leaders weren't interested, but the guys in no man's land and the main peloton ran me out of Cokes!  I'm in the blue shirt.
 
 
My European Hoopty! (silver Audi on the right)  W the Orca on top.   Looks better on TV than I do.  I'm set up just down the hill around the corner.



Stage 20.
 
Old school yellow NF jacket.  It was horrid weather about 45 minutes prior to the riders getting there.    Everyone is bundled up.    I didn't even try to feed Contador, he had 4 Guardia Civil running next to him, but I handed out 5 Cokes to other riders.   This stage was amazing.    The Angliru crushed me when I tried to ride it.  Between my fatness, the crowds, and the slickness of the roads, I ended up turning around about 1/3 of the way up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment